Quantcast

Any kinks in the forum?

12

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

jenny@birdsandsoap
I saved the forum web address in my bookmark toolbar like this: http://the-forum.3081.n7.nabble.com/

It just goes to "The Forum," not directed through a blog.

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Hey Jenny!

You can do that, but it doesn't give traffic to the host blogs :(  It might be better to pick one of the hosts and bookmark their forum page (does that make sense?).

To answer the other questions; hosts will now have the word HOST before their name and Chat Leaders will add CL before their name so you know who they are.  Alternatively, hosts and chat leaders can add the CL or HOST button as their profile picture.

As far as the colors, you should NOT see the options tab with color choices, etc on the forum.  There was a kink earlier where the full admin system showed up everywhere which is not good.  When one change is made in those settings, it affects the forum on every host's blog, not just on your personal computer, so if that happens again, please holla and let me know!

I am still trying to figure out if we can make reading more user friendly.  As far as I know, there is no way to see what you have previously read or get notifications aside from the email notifications.  You CAN click 'topic view' to see what people are commenting on lately, but thus far that is the only solution I've found.  If you find something else, PLEASE SHARE!

RE: Any kinks in the forum?

denette
Yes, the options button is showing up for  me.

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Ellen (NouveauStitch.com)
I had a hard time registering. When I didn't get the confirmation email, there was no way to contact the forum because you have to be registered first! Viscous cycle! I finally just re-registered (had to change my name because the name I registered first was already taken -- BY ME! -- but never activated. Whew. I'm in now. Look out. :-)

Ellen

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Is there any way to turn off the AdChoices in our Forum posts? Sooo not liking that.
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

We can pay :/

~Amy Renea

blog:           www.anestforallseasons.com
pinterest:    http://pinterest.com/amyk/
facebook:    http://www.facebook.com/pages/ANESTforallseasons

Is there any way to turn off the AdChoices in our Forum posts? Sooo not liking that.
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

http://the-forum.3081.n7.nabble.com/Any-kinks-in-the-forum-tp199p1093.html
To unsubscribe from Any kinks in the forum?, click here.
NAML

12