Quantcast

Any kinks in the forum?

12

Any kinks in the forum?

What bugs you about the forum?  What can we fix?  Is something not working well?  Share here please!

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Host {Heather} Inspired
Too bad we can't post photos here - I thought it would be great for design dilemmas or help with craft projects.
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

HOST: NellieBellie
you can insert image. I haven't tried it so maybe it doesn't it work well?

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Unskinny Boppy
Is there a way to see the latest replies to posts without having to click through to each folder?  It's hard to see what I've already read vs what is unread.

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Just click insert image and you can upload a photo from your computer or from a url!

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Good question Beth -- will look into that

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Brenda
Clicking links opens in the same window.......Do not know if that is something that can be changed but it would be nice if they opened in new windows...I kept having to go to history and get the forum back, because I would x out of the link I had looked at....

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

denette
I just posted a message, it is really hard to read the dark gray typing on the dark blue boxes.  More contrast would be better.

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Host {Heather} Inspired
Hey Denette - go to Options (at the top bar) --> Application -->Change Appearance. Then click on Color (at the top bar), and that allows you to change the colors in pretty much everything within The Forum on your page.
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

denette
Hm.  I just responded to my earlier post and now the background is white, without me changing anything.  Good to know I can change it if it goes back to dark.

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

denette
I just played with the options and couldn't get "applications" to come up with either right or left clicking.  Maybe it is just me, I am not the most computer savvy.

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

Will work on all of this - thanks for the tips guys!

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

denette
I can't find insert image either.   Don't mean to be a pain.  Can you consider me the eager, but not computer savvy, non blogging but loves to do DIY and crafts demo?

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

denette
Is there a way to get to the forum independently or will I always have to go through Ashleys blog?  Not that that is a  problem just wondering.  Also, when I get an email notification, how does it work to reply?  I was going back into the forum, reading and replying there.  When I tried to use reply from my hotmail to reply to the post, when it showed up on the post there was a bunch of extra stuff attached that wasn't necessary.

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

denette
Woohoo, progress.  Apparently I wasn't registered even though I could post.  Once I registered the insert image button showed up.

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

denette
I'm back.  Is there anyway to get notices for a thread I already posted in but didn't check the notification box?  Without making an additional post to do so.  Or any thread I might want to follow but don't want to post in?  Another feature that a cake decorating blog I follow has is you can go to newest forum posts.  So it shows the recent posts so you don't have to randomly click on categories to see any new activities, it lists the threads that have been posted on.  Just a thought.  Thanks for all your efforts in this forum.

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

I don't like how a comment thread goes to a page 2 as I think the comments on the second pages might get missed. Is there any way to reverse the comments so that the replies to the original threads are on top and then it goes chronological from there??
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

denette
Another thing I noticed, and maybe I am missing something.  Is there an easy way to get to or find the different blog sites?  When I click on your name above your icon it takes me to when you registered, your groups, a way to email you and a list of your posts.  But nothing about your blog or a link to it.  I have been putting your and other posters names into google to get to the blog sites.  It would be nice if a link was on the profile page.  Of course if the blogger wanted it public.

Re: Any kinks in the forum?

denette - thank you!!  There is a list here of the girls that have the forum installed on their blogs:  http://www.anestforallseasons.com/2012/10/what-is-forum-and-what-does-it-do-for-me.html

For now, yes you have to go to one of the blogs to visit the forum.  I know that part is a little frustrating, but that is actually the part that supports the bloggers!!

Heather -- that is a great point and I will see if that is possible!!

denette - seriously girl you are amazing...keep bringing the issues up and I will try to fix as many as possible!  Appreciate your help!
12