Quantcast

A substitute for glitter?

Host {Heather} Inspired
I was wondering what you thought a good substitute for glitter would be! I'm making some huge Christmas trees like in the photo below and I think to coat them in glitter would be very expensive, I would want to do them in German glass glitter too - beautiful stuff!  So, what do you think about spraying the trees with a spray adhesive and coating them in sugar??? I want to use them as a table decoration for a Holiday house party coming up so they could be a one time use sort of thing. Any ideas???

My inspiration  My Trees
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: A substitute for glitter?

Host - Morena
Sugar is a great idea!  I love that project idea, too.  Other ideas:

Salt: coarse or fine to get different textures.

The dollar store here sells glitter, but I don't know if you have any near you.

Mod Podge sparkle or glitter formulas are great, too.  You get the bling without the mess.

I can't wait to see your finished project!

Re: A substitute for glitter?

Host {Heather} Inspired
Thanks for the ideas! I'd like to try salt maybe, hmmm.
~ Heather, hosting The Forum at www.inspiremeheather.com

Re: A substitute for glitter?

epsom salt! It's so cheap and looks just like snow.